Well place source in Texas told Tmz Magazine that the victim went to the hospital twice but was sent home. They also noted that the victim did not tell healthcare professionals at the hospital that he had come from Liberia. It was on his third visit, when his illness started to worsen that the nurses grew suspicious, and asked him whether he had been to West Africa.
More than 3,000 people have already died of Ebola in West Africa and a small number of US aid workers have recovered after being flown to the US. Liberia is one of the countries worse hit by the virus; accounting for the most Ebola related death.
· Symptoms include high fever, bleeding and central nervous system damage
- Spread by body fluids, such as blood and saliva
- Fatality rate can reach 90% - but current outbreak has mortality rate of about 70%
- Incubation period is two to 21 days
- There is no proven vaccine or cure
- Supportive care such as rehydrating patients who have diarrhea and vomiting can help recovery
- Fruit bats, a delicacy for some West Africans, are considered to be virus's natural host