Radio Africa is seeking your support to ensure that we launch the first 100% African Radio in Minnesota. Please follow the link below to support our this cause.
Radio Africa is currently seeking funding to pay an attorney and engineer to prepare the paperwork and filing for our FM license.
Radio Africa formerly known as Tmz Web Radio is a non-profit media organizations that have been serving the African communities within the Twin City and around the world for more than three years.
Radio Africa’s initiative is part of a strategic campaign designed by Tmz Media Group LLC and the Tmz Liberia Foundation to help bridge the information gap between Africans living in Minnesota and individuals, institutions or businesses interested in reaching out to the African or minority communities.
We have been in existence for more than three years providing community awareness, news, cultural and educational programs and entertainment to the African public. Radio Africa is Located in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, and has listeners in about 22 countries around the world, most our listeners in the United States.
The station currently screens online from our studio Brooklyn Center studio. We run a full-time studio with six staff members and eight volunteers.
Over the years our station has hosted several permanent local and national officials, bringing their platform to minority communities in the Minnesota. Below are some highlights of partnership and work we’ve done and are currently doing for the community.
· Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) Ebola and infectious disease Awareness Campaigns.
· Several public affairs programs (Straight Talk, Issues in the Press Reloaded, Sister to sister, In my Community, Family matters etc)
· Brooklyn Park’s First Candidate forum for the primaries
· Voters education and awareness
· Live Broadcast of community forums discussing issues affecting minorities in the Twin City.
· The children broadcast hour (training minority youths on broadcast